1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One-eye Shooter 'Doubles' - question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BT99Max100, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT99Max100

BT99Max100 Member

One-eye Shooter

I'm a one-eye (Right eye dom.) shooter. Question: Is a good or bad idea if I was to shoot the left bird 1st on all stations? I seem to have trouble picking up the left bird when shooting it second on staion 1 & 2. Thanks

John

2. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

If you are right eye dominat and right hand shooter, a question to you from a left eye dominant right hand shooter is.... why aren't you using both eyes open?

blade819

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I've never tried that, but it is worth a try as it might work for you. What works effectively for me, is to shoot the right bird (straight away) first and then swoop down low and come up to the target from underneath. Bill Malcolm

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Good idea. HMB

5. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

If you normally close your non-dominate eye; you might try taping a small piece of scotch tape in the center of that lens so you can shoot with both eyes open and will have better periferal vision. That may help pick up the target sooner. AJ

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

When I was trying the Magic Dot tape patch on my left eye, I found it a lot easier to see and break a target going to the right. So I agree that shooting the left bird first on every station would make sense.

7. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Sean Hawley, Is a right hand shooter who shoots the right not the left hand target first on all five station in doubles. I don't think he has a dominate eye issue, but may see both targets better on station four and five?

I'm a one eyed (taped right eyed) left hand shooter who shoots the right hand target first on all five stations because I don't want to look across the bridge of my nose looking for the second target. Only you can determine what works best for you, there are no set rules.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.