1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One eye or two open?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Piddie...........I have to apologize for shooting the wrong way. I shoot one-eyed. The reason is I lost my left eye in an accident. If its OK, can I still shoot? I also have a Citori combo with a high rib, sorry.

Bill

2. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

piddie - you're a moron - benchrest shooters shoot with both eyes open.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Piddie, Piddie, Piddie,

What may be "wrong" from your point of view and for you, may not be for others. Nora Ross shoots one-eyed and with both of mine open, I could not shoot as good as she can. I am sure there are several others, but she is the one that I know for sure.

I am having to try shooting one-eyed as my non-dominant eye is getting worse and trying to take over. I may have to get one of those angle ramps for my rib.

4. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

ignorant assumption

5. C H S

C H S TS Member

<I>"ignorant assumption"</I>

Nah...

ignorant ass . . . . . . umption

6. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Not certain the purpose of this post - but I can tell you that two eyed shooters benefit from a higher rib also. Equipment evolves and those who don't want it can always buy an old Browning Broadway and try or hope to learn how to shoot it as well as NMR can shoot one. If you are having trouble shooting a high rib, perhaps you need to learn how to shoot trap. Most people who have trouble with the high rib are not looking over the rib but are looking at a spot below the gun and then lose the target as it crosses. Now the eyes could be focused on the gun and not the target - result = lost. The shooter must look over the rib - regardless of rib height.

Now I have posted to try and be helpful, not sure why you started this piddie. BTW - the GA is happening now - you do not have to wait till next year to show us how to get it done.

7. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Piddie - there is a publication for ATA shooters called Trap and Field. A couple of years ago they published an interview the had with Nora Ross and shooting Browning Broadway for doubles was in the article. If you had actually started this game before last week, you might have even met some of these people, shot with them and seen first hand the guns they used.

8. bling 27

bling 27 Member

Shoot the way you do the best, I shoot both eyes open, my brother shoots one eyed.

9. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

All the drivel aside....you're trying to focus on a moving object. Can you aquire and follow it better with one eye or two?

Buz

10. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Piddie - I really do not know what a B27 is (other than some variation of the Browning Superposed) and I am certain that I could care less about some POS that in even in 100% condition is worth less than a grand. I do know that if I could only shoot 25 straight that I would get a different hobby or learn how to shoot better. Perhaps you should try one eyed with a high rib.

11. R.Ewing

R.Ewing Member

piddle, the last time that i checked, i believe that Nora Ross shoot right handed, one eyed, and that eye was her left eye, not the right eye. Now, try and tell her that's wrong....

12. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I shoot everything with both eyes open....Rifle, shotgun, pistol, scoped or not two eyes is the way to go! My shooting has improved since I started shooting everything with two eyes open. If you can make the adjustment you will see a big difference as well...I am right handed left eye dominant so I shoot all rifles and shotguns lefthanded and everything else right handed. When I switched 5 years ago after I got into trap my scores increased right away and within weeks of the switch I shot my first 25....No doubt it's the correct way to shoot...When one eye is closed you only see in two dimension because your eyes can't triangulate between the barrel the target and where the target is traveling....

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

HaveGunWillTravel, the late, great Frank Little shot a Perazzi TMX (High Rib)and coached his students to hold high gun and look under the barrel for the target streak. Having shot with him I believe he practiced what he preached. Maybe you don't know as much about trap as you pretend as he carried a 99+ singles average for over 13 years. Simply stated, there are more ways to break high scores than one system only and not everyone can shoot a high rib gun successfully-one or two eyes!!

14. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Going past all the BS here; if you can do it, you will most likely be better off in the long run shooting two-eyed.

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

What ever breaks them. Im a 2eye, Went from shooting righty with one eye due to left being dominate. Now shooting lefty with both eyes watch my scores climb....Could not do it any other way. Hunting birds I always used 2 eyes and never looked at a sight, why i shot with one eye and sights shooting trap ill never know, but now on the "right" side of the gun useing whats best for me.

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

First I tried shooting with one eye open, then both eyes, now I closed the other eye, and went back to closing bith eyes and can't do any worse!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.