1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One box a day

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

6 once a week, first round of the day is always a warmup...

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

3 boxes, 2 days.

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Ditto what skeetman says.

Even shooting four boxes at one time isn't sufficient. Trap (and skeet) are perfection games and endurance is part of the game. My college Swim coach used to drill into us that that when we were tired that we should concentrate on form and mechanics.

Same on shooting. When we are shooting longer stages, it is easy to lose concentration and that is when the "head raising", "failure to follow through", etc, happens and we lose targets. Train like you shoot in tournaments.

IMHO,

HBT

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Buy and read Lanny Bashem.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Perfect practice is the key to success. Shoot one box every day and break all 25 targets. HMB

6. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I shot six today.....25, 24. 23, 23. 25, 25. Maybe the middle two were warmups.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Richard (doda). Good for you. I do all the above. But I must tell you that being a northern climes shooter makes some of those comcepts tough. But I still think a couple of days wiht Lanny is good for most of us. I do not lay claim to finding Lanny on my own. A pretty good shooter turned me onto him. Some of his stuff is a bit trite, but the 3 items you bring up I practice (when weather permits)..

Jack

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you listen to Fred you might become a very good shooter. But if there is a flaw in your shooting style you will become very good at doing it the wrong way. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.