1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ONE BAD ROUND CURED ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trappug, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trappug

trappug TS Member

I went out to shoot today and got a few tips from a person who seems to always be at the club that I have never spoke to before.He overheard me talking about my issue.He also asked me just a few question about how long I've been shooting and what.Being a former feild and skeet shooter he made me realise alot of what I was doing wrong.I seem to be a pretty quick shooter and I like to cover the birds.He made me think that I was probably not shooting my natural point of impact I'm used to.So we lowered the comb 1/8,and set up my gun to shoot 50/50.Then he told me to draw an imaginary line from the trap house to the target,follow it,and when I get to it pull the trigger.I cant beleive it I smashed 24 out of 25(First try).The one I missed was the first one.I went on to shoot 23/22 etc.Sometimes it pays to talk to someone you never spoke to before.I've found that some people will help not laugh.What do you think of this advice?

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

A 50/50 skeet gun makes sense. I don't think it is the best idea for a trap gun.

3. trappug

trappug TS Member

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you like to cover the birds, as stated, a 50/50 gun is just the ticket. The drawback is when a target drops and you can't catch the move.

Most people new to trap need an acclimitization period before they go to the higher POI.

HM

5. trappug

trappug TS Member

I seem to shoot real quick before the target drops.Should I maybe add one spacer to change to 60/40 or just stay where its at and shoot more before changing the gun again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.