1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Once more Please !

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by parrot man, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parrot man

parrot man TS Member

Hi Guys,
    I was unable to get to a computer to check our site out and I had posed a question, So please don't mind if I ask again. I have a BT99+ that I think needs a new hinge pin or locking block Please forgive me it's 5:eek:o am here and I'm kind of foggy. Anyway the gun closes up nice and tight but when you break it open and the barrel and front stock are just open enough to put another shell in you can wobble the barrel and front stock from side to side some. The gun was made in 1989 so it has had many a round gone through it. I would like to have this play taken out of it. Anybody know what is causeing it and about how much it will cost me ! Who would do it for the best price and not tie it up all summer to do it.

Thanks all who Respond,
    Eric Vega

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Based on information from this discussion site ... Art's (see link). Bill Malcolm

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The description you have now for the BT-99, says that the forend lug on the bbl needs to be rebuilt, and then the forend re-fitted. Cost will be about $100.

From all of your previous posts, it looks like you're looking for a "$25" fix. It just isn't going to happen, if you choose to send it anywhere to get corrected.

I sympathize with you. It becomes a tough decesion, to stick $100-$250 into a gun that probably only has a value of $800. You cannot recoup that money if you were to sell it after it's been fixed. But still, you cannot buy another that would not need re-building for $1000. And if the gun's been a pleasure shooting, it's worth it.

Doug Braker

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I have seen a few that someone "squeezed" the barrel lug in a vise to raise a bit of metal to tighten the mount. Watch it close if your looking at a used gun, the quicky repair doesn't last long.
    Big Jack

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Another thing, Big Jack, besides the crimping of the lug, some would remove the forend iron from the wood and punch the back side of the lug slot, trying to push it forward. This doesn't last long either.

One more thing, I've seen the lugs that the locking bolt locks into, also get peened up, so that the top lever sits further to the right.

A lot of sneaky things that can be done to save a buck, and sell a gun showing very little "wear".

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.