1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Today I took my 13yr old grandson for his first experience on the trap field at Mid-State shooting club near Frankfort, OH. We had the place to ourselves and were able to spend the needed one on one time explaining safe gun handling along with squad etiquette and protocol. Trace broke 7 targets on his first round and by the end of three was ready to call it a day. I had called Mark Cantor the day before and he had a gentleman, who's name, sadly, I can't recall, helping with much appreciated help and advice. It was a great day....grandpa's don't get many like this one.

Thank you Lord ....humbly...Mike

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Good for you Mike, Hopefully there are many more in the future! :)

3. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

rhymeswithorange_2008_200848.jpg

That's great, thanks for getting him out there. Here's my 10-year old son after breaking his first trap target two weeks ago.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Good for you Mike, we have to get the youngin's in the sport

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Good fopr you. Glad to see some young blood come in to the sport. I don't care if its rifle, pistol or shotgun. Just get them shooting.

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

These times are to be cherished,,,,when you get to be 90, you will remember this day and,,,,smile.....

7. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

There used to be a club Where I took my kids a few times to shoot on a sunday afternoon. Same situation. Most of the time we had the trap fields to ourselves. No crowds, no pressure. Perfect opportunity to teach and learn. Most of the time when we got done, the older gent that ran the clubhouse wouldnt let me pay either. He just thought it was great that we were there father and sons, enjoying the game of trap.

8. tammike

tammike Member

I am still pretty young (49) surrounded by aging trap shooters that seem to refuse to pass it on. Myself I get almost as much enjoyment from watching kids learn a new sport and breaking targets as I do from shooting. If you introduce a kid to shooting sports you, teach them respect, patients, honesty, how to communicate, work ethics and goals.
    Thanks go to anyone that passes on life lessons to our children

9. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I talked to Mark last evening and he told me our new best friend is Dave Stienhauser. Thanks Dave, your help was very much appreciated. While on the phone, Mark told me they're proud of the junior shooting program at Mid-State. In case you wonder, it's between Chillicothe and Washington Court House just off US-35 on OH 138.

best...mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.