1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Once fired Peters (blue magic) empties f/s

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hitapair, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Dan, Are you sure these are old? Remington started putting the blue magic on the shelf again a couple of years ago. What color are the boxes in the full case you have?

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I hate to tell you but Blue Magic hulls were junk. They would split in half in the barrel, leaving one part in the chamber and another part stuck someplace halfway down the barrel. I punched out many of those half pieces of broken hulls.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Blue Magics are great. When I switched to blue magics the load that I was using to break targets started to inkball targets when used in the blue magic hull. Could never figure out why. HMB

4. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Shot and Reloaded blue magic's in the late 70's and early 80's
    Never had a problem... cant speak for any newer

5. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

I, like WesleyB, have shot and reloaded many, many Blue Magics, also during the same time period. I still have a ton of those old hulls, some once fired, and I still reload and shoot them. I load them with a 3dr/1-1/8oz equiv. load for local Country Doubles high bird. Easier to remember "blue in the top; red in the bottom". I have never had the above mentioned malfunction with these OLDER hulls.

Can't speak for the newer ones.

Erol Tucker - The Bayrat
    POC, TX

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I had several thousand Blue Magic hulls from the 80s. Most of my STS/Nitro 27 hulls eventually start to split or pinhole around the case mouth. I load them one more time for doubles, and discard. Almost all of my Blue Magic hulls would eventually develop a long split up the side of the case, and I'd discard them without reloading again. I've loaded lots of each, and in my opinion, the STS/Nitro are better hulls.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I shot over 30 cases of Blue Magic's (500 per case) back in the '80's...Zero problems...

8. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

The new blue magic shells that Gander Mountain has been selling have a steel base (try a magnet). I loaded some and they seem to load OK, probably much like gun clubs.

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Don't know about the newer hulls, but in the early 80s thay had a severe problem in some regions(mostly in the central S.E.) with hull seperation. I saw several split and in many cases leave the whole seperated hull shell in the chamber. Remington finally traced the problem to a bad batch of plastic. I have had many given to me. They are OK I guess, but not nearly as good or as valuable as the STS hulls.

10. rwm12

rwm12 Member

Reloaded 1970's Blue Magic Base Wads would come loose from the hull and sometimes be at the mouth of the hull or in the chamber after reloading the hull a few times. REMINGTON ALL AMERICAN SHELL if same hull.

11. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Last weekend at the Tulsa gun show I came across a table that had two four packs of Peters RXP in the four pack like you got at the Grand. He also had two four packs of Peters Blue Magic in the blue plastic four pack. I asked whats you bottom dollar. I walked away with all 16 boxes in the four packs for $4.33 per box.

12. theodorescolt45

theodorescolt45 TS Member

I too never had a problem with blue magics, RXP's, all americans etc ... I basically ( used to ) load whatever was on the ground ! If the crimps were starting to split or the mouth of the case was starting to show signs of 'burnage' I would 'help' close the crimp with wax and then toss them. I think the wax really helps break the targets at 16 yards, not sure at 27 yards ! It also helps when shooting 7/8ox loads to use a 1 1/4 ox wad and put broken pieces of targets in the bottom of the shot cup or use 20ga fiber wads and spray paint them whatever color the targets are at your club !

Good luck with that advice !
    -oo

13. mstng65

mstng65 TS Member

I emailed you a week ago saying i was interested in buying the hulls. Let me know what shipping for all 1100 hulls would be. Thanks

14. mstng65

mstng65 TS Member

I emailed you my name and address. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.