1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? on wind and dry blurry eyes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2006
    When the wind is out of the north my eyes seem to water and then get blurry. I've tried eye drops but that doesn't last thru the round. I tried taking off the blinders with the same no good results.

Anyone have this problem and if so do have you any tricks you want to share?

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Keep your blinders on and invest in some "Blink" eye drops for more severe dry eyes instead of the regular drops.
  3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    You're not alone in either having the problem or in finding no effective way to address it. Some people are plagued by it while others never shed a drop. I had a shoe box full of potions...all worked equally badly. The stuff for moderate to severe conditions made my eyes BLURRY; the weaker stuff did very little. They're all basically one of two formulations: they either have an ethylene glycol base or a methyl-cellulose base. Brand names are irrelevant.

My long-suffering ophthalmologist recommended the new Systane "Balance" eye drops the last time I saw him. It's got an oil base that's supposed to last longer than the other kinds. But he didn't know that I found a better solution.

Now I spend the cold months of the year in the tropics: head south before Thanksgiving and come home early April. I don't shoot anything down there except lunch and dinner but my eyes don't water anymore either.

The last couple years I put up with it I found that the longer I stayed out in the cold, the less my eyes watered. Eventually they stopped leaking. But there is the trade-off: see well and freeze or...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.