1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

On topic Need opinions on Kemem ammo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ric3677, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I realize there is an election coming up but wow!

Anyway, anyone shot this ammo and what's your opinion?

Thanks in advance, Rickyd

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Good stuff. Works fine and does the job. I recall that Kemen ammo had a tendency to swell up in some chambers after firing because the base was not brass but steel and were difficult to eject.

Eric

3. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

My daughter and I (mostly her) have shot well over 150 flats of Kemen ammo, never had a misfire or any other problems.

Tony

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

They work well in most guns, but not mine. I have a fussy gun. The wad must be a little heavier than most other wads. The wad travels well past where other typically fall. The wad might get confused with a chip from a target.

Pat Ireland

5. ric3677

Pat, If the wad is orange this could be a good thing? Myself, I am tired of cleaning the Estate wads off the trap house.

thanks for the replys.....Rick

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Rick, they are a very good shell with a high antimony rate in the lead. About 5% or so. I have shot a large number of these shells and Rio's as well. The Rio's have only a 3% antimony lead in there blue shells, 5% in there green. They are made in Europe and as such are made to there standards not the USA's. There shells have a slightly narrower lip on the base of the hull. Also in addition to this the lip does not extend out as far. This causes problems with some of the high end guns (mostly). They used to be a good shell for the money, but now with the lower US dollar against the Euro dollar. They are higher priced than the Big 3's economy shells now where I live. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

Pat, I have cut these shells apart and have seen the wads used. They are a 4 petal wad, but the petals are attached to each other about a 1/4 in down from the end of the pedal with a thin molded line of plastic (same as wad)formed when made. This must hold the petals together longer. Only problem is they are the clear/white type wad. No chance of mistaking for a broken piece of target. LOL.

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Blooper city if cold - shot a bunch at a Harlan Campbell clinic.

Fredmon

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

These are very good shells. There are a few firearms that will be picky about ejection. Buy some and try them.

9. Alamo

Alamo Member

Occasionally sound weak, even in warm weather, but still hit singles birds quite hard. Soft recoil. Like the shells but, sometimes empties hang up in my Ljutic.

10. ric3677

Thanks for all the replys.....anyone else care to voice?

Rick

11. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

I have never shot new Kemen shells but have reloaded a bunch. 1oz hard shot, Promo, the XXL orange wad and Fiochi primers makes a nice load.........Roger

12. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

liked them alot, even though on one event broke 100, but had a real weak shell go off, but thankfully still broke tgt. puablo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.