1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

On Target Editorial?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Mark Kurruk, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kurruk

Mark Kurruk Member

I do not know if any of you have read the latest On Target editorial and if you have I would like to know what you think of it.
    If you need to read it I can send you and email of the editorial.
    Mark

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

Mark, Please send the editorial to me. Thanks Trevor Dawe. trevdawe@shaw.ca

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Shawn, You couldn't get kids to work in the house like they used to today. It's all about labor and how do you supply it. I personally miss those good old days with the hand set traps and pullers.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto Bob Hawkes. It's hard to get volunteers to even score at Trap anymore. The crowd is at the restaurant, card table, or hiding in their RVs. The years when there was a hungry kid in the trap house, another scoring from behind, and the eldest monitoring the whole thing to make it run smooth seems to have vanished. Of course the 1975 - $12 fee for each 100 bird event has also vanished where it now would take $52.76 in today's dollars. Imagine if we could collect $52/100 birds how we could then hire the best setters and pullers and maybe have mechanics standing by for any fix. Then human pulling was a true exercise in good techniques. It sure taught me how to to hold still until the bird appeared. I'd even suggest a rule that any bird delivered within a second would be legal. A second is a long time after a call and shooters would soon learn to not move the gun till the evil bird appeared. But, the past is always best for us older folks, right?......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

5. Mark Kurruk

Mark Kurruk Member

If you want to read the editorial it is on their website at this URL.
    Mark

http://www.westerntrapshootingnews.com/sample.htm

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

There is a solution to the wasted birds that tend to occur when the squad changes stations which is that the scorer turns the voice release off. When the squad leader prepares to fire, the scorer turns the vr system back on. Works for us and all it requires is a bit of training on the part of the club management.

Beyond that, trap shooters like the vr systems much better than hand pulls and I think everyone likes the automated machines better than the old hand sets.

7. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Bob Hawkes
    The best times for a teenage junior shooter was Vandalia when it seemed like all the cute girls from the Butler Kickline worked the scorer's chairs. The thinks I learned about out there. No wonder I miss it. Who cares if they gave you a slow pull now and then!!!!

Bob Gibson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.