1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

on straight away- flipping barrel end

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i have noticed an occasional barrel flip or jerk on a trap straight aways ? hold point is "level", and normal move to the rock is pretty fast- shootem on the way up. what cud cuase that lil jerk or flip? waly riebesell 660-744-4115

2. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Usually when you flip the end of the barrel it is an indication of a point of impact problem. What happens is the gun shoots too flat and as a result your subconscious mind knows you have to go through the target to get smoke. So you have a conflict of interest here. Your eyes want to see the target all the way through the shot but your mind is telling arm to flip the gun up to get smoke. Just try to raise the point of impact a little and see if that helps, because it is very hard to be consistent when flipping the gun.

Another possible cause is bead checking! This will cause a flip because the eyes are trying to catch back up to the bird. Without actually seeing you shoot it would be hard to correctly diagnose your problem but you can start by raising your comb slightly. Hope this helps.

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

thats funny- we did raise the comb and thot exactly what you just said-- and the bead checking i'll research that?? thanks

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A classic forearm upward push.

5. canada

canada Member

This may be happening because it is "time to shoot", and you're not on the target yet. I'm not sure how high above the trap holding level is for you, but try holding higher if you can. It will get you to the bird quicker. The reason I say this is because I used to have the same problem, and holding a higher gun fixed it.

If you're already holding high, and holding even higher makes it so you can't pick up the angles, then maybe that's too high.

Pat Lamont

6. JUMBO

JUMBO TS Member

I thank if you ask dead eye paul z. he could help you with this Wally. JC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.