1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? on some reloads.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wolfram, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I had the same problem using Int. Clays in the smooth body Fed. GM hulls. Obviously the higher pressures are going to make the problem worse but why mess around with hulls that might cause injury to you or a squad mate. My solution is like where you are headed - forget the GM hulls and use STS/Gun Club hulls. The sooner you make the switch the better. If you have a bunch of F12S3 wads left over, you can use them up on 1 OZ loads in the STS hulls.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

One of the reasons your hulls separate is the crimp . I have shot and loaded alot of the smooth Fed hulls and if your careful with the crimp and don,t use any roll on the lip they are fine . I just don,t use them anymore because of the problem . I have seen two guns mess-up because of them .

ALF

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Just wondering if you guys that been having hull separations are loading on a PW or Spolar?

I only use the Fed GM hulls with Hodgdon Int'l power for 1 1/8 oz 1200 f/s loads, loaded on a MEC 9000G. I have not had any separations, but I don't really load that a lot.

Jason

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

The hull seperation problems were I believe related to a run manufactured 3 years ago. Green Dot and some Red Dot loads did the same for me. The red were 1 oz. Had not experienced problems before or since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.