1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? on shoot percentage

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Was at a shoot where I withdrew from the last 100 targets of a 200 target event. When the refund was given the paper was marked as "withdrawn". My question is, on the ATA website they have my percentages for that shoot listed as 48. I shot a 96 on the 100 that I completed. Seems as though I was penalized percentagewise for withdrawing. Is this the normal way it is figured, and listed in the shooters record? If so, that would put me back in D class. LOL

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The gun club definitely made an error in reporting and you should complain to them and also send an email to Kathy Key at the ATA office. Your score should have been recorded as 96 out of 100 Not 200.

3. trapshootin hippie

That is what I was thinking. I looked at more shooters scores that withdrew and they had the same results posted. Thanks, Gne J

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

This is not an uncommon error. Perhaps the mistake was made by the club or perhaps in the ATA office. The score should have been reported by the club as 96/100-- not just 96. The error is easily corrected by a call to the ATA office.

Pat Ireland

5. trapshootin hippie

Thanks, I will do that today.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The club probably didn't set up the shoot as two 100 target events which is the proper way to do it same as it should be done for a 200 target h'cap shoot.

Eric

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Eric- What is wrong with one 200 bird singles event?

Pat Ireland

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Pat,

Breaking a 200 bird event into two one hundred bird events allows for reclassifying a shooter based on his first 100 targets. Granted it's not as drastic as an earned yardage move based on the first 100's score.

Eric

9. trapshootin hippie

E-mailed Kathy and told her what happened. She came back to me and said it was all taken care of now. Not just mine, but everyone that missed the last 100 had the same results. Thanks, Gne j

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Eric- If the event is a 200 bird singles race, nobody should be reclassified, either up or down, based on their first 100 birds. I do like to see the scores separated on the average card as two 100 bird events for future classification.

Pat Ireland

11. trapshootin hippie

I agree with Pat on this one. I have never seen two 100 target events shot back to back to get in 200 targets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.