1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? on Remington 870TC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I was shooting my 870tc this evening and noticed the forearm seemed loose as in it was easy to wiggle it side to side much like a Mossberg pump. The slide bars seem tight just the wood seems loose. Can I tighten it or is it nothing to wotty about? It is my favorite gun so it has me a little worried. Any advise would be very helpful. Thanks

2. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I had an 870TB and if I remember correctly, there is kind of a threaded ring inside the forend that tightens the action bar to the wood. It has two notches where a pair of pliers can be used to tighten it up. John

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Probably just the retaining nut on the slide tube needs a little tightening, maybe one of your friends has the tool to do it, sometimes you can do it with a couple small screwdrivers & a larger one. Ross Puls

4. archangel

archangel Member

Get the proper tool from brownels or midwest gun works

5. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Scoutman 06 I saw that ring and thought maybe it had something to do with it but how do I tighten it?

6. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Shootlow has a good suggestion. Many years ago I took a length of aluminum tubing and beat it flat with a hammer on top of a bench vise. I then cut off a short piece with a hacksaw that spans the gap between the two slots (1 3/16")in the retaining nut. I then use a vice grip pliers to hold the piece. Works for me.

I broke two sets of action bars shooting steel based hulls in my 870 TA and TC Trap due to difficult extraction problems. Brass heads eject smooth as silk.

Ed Ward

7. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

targetmaster, never tried it myself but I think shootlow has the right idea. John

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

PVC pipe will work also, trim off around the end of it, leaving the two spaces for the notches. Then just insert and twist. Works for me anyways.

Gne J

9. LTB45

LTB45 Member

Try using a choke key. It works for my Mossberg when I need to tighten the forend nut.

10. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Can someone please tell me where this nut is that needs tighten?

11. THE POSTMAN

THE POSTMAN TS Member

The nut is located inside the foreend wood and attached to the action bar tube inside the wood(the end closest to the muzzle of the barrel).

Wilbur Poston

12. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I fixed it... It was that nut being loose Thanks for the help!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.