1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

On reloading disposable hulls..........

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Darryl101, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darryl101

Darryl101 TS Member

A few years ago I started reloading Top Gun and Estate hulls. They are handy to travel with since I reload them only once........shoot em and throw em. I would just let them fly over my shoulder.....nothing to haul home except the box. PERFECT!

Last year I noticed other folks were reloading them too. About the same time I noticed how much the kids enjoy picking them up. Sooooooooooo, I started catching them and making sure they get in the garbage can, killing two buzzards with the same rock. Many threads say reloading them even once is a disaster looming on the horizon but to each his own. I like them for what they are and so do many others.

I guess what I am trying to get at is this. If you reload the disposable hulls please be sure they get to the garbage when you are done with them and not run the risk of an unsuspecting reloader getting their hands on them. I give all of my pick-ups the once over inspection but does everyone do the same?
    Plus, as mentioned before, it doesn't cost you a thing to put them in the can. It will save the kids work and your club money.

Just my ramblings.........

Darryl Howard

PS- I realize that we can't hold every shooter/reloaders hand every damn day of their life.

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I reload them for yhe other half and she swears they have less recoil for her, but after finding out about the base wad in them she jacks them and tosses them when done. I will only get the other once fired if it is a dry day. I like the Remington hulls best tho(Gun Clubs as well) because no base wad to hold moisture.

Jerry

3. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

If you reload them with any primer other than a Fiocci (sp?) on inspection, anyone can tell it was already reloaded. Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.