1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? on reclaimed shot for 16's and mid-yardage

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

? on reclaimed shot for 16

Anyone have any opinions on reclaimed shot performance at 16 yards and mid-yardage (22-24 yards).

Bill

2. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I use reclaimed on 16's all the time. If I do my part, it smokes the target. I have used it on short yardage Handicap 20-21 yds and it works just fine. I am also using a 1 oz load.

Oscar

3. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

I shoot it at 16's in 1 oz loads regularly. When I don't shoot reclaim, I shoot 8.5's. The difference is that with new shot, I can shoot a LM choke from 16, with reclaim I tighten it up to a IM to get good breaks. I don't shoot new 8's for short yardage handicap.

Regards,

Chip Porter

4. warren

warren Member

That's all I use

warren

5. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

I use reclaimed shot for 16 yards and 20 yard caps that said I have never seen or heard of the shot missing the target. I have asked this before, on the score sheet what is the differance between smoke and a chip?

6. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

I use reclaim on the first shot in doubles and on 16's. Use new shot for caps and 2nd shot on doubles.

7. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

STLHD,

Very interesting that your reclaim is screened for size, I have not heard of that before. I wonder, if when it is screened, if it prevents more deformed shot from passing through, therefore providing you with better shot quality?

Regards,

Chip Porter

8. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Broke 100 and 200 with reclaimed. Just fine if its clean and graphited well. Just for me I use new for 27yd. Just dont want misses and in my mind blame it on the shot plus if your shooting for money why chance reclaim at yardage.
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.