1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? on k-80 double release

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Billy Bez, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy Bez

Billy Bez TS Member

Recently while shooting my K-80 o/u I broke the return spring for the inertia block and after replacing it I've had problems setting the second hammer.Now when I set the the top barrel I get nothing. I generally set the second barrel extremley fast and now I feel as though I'm trying to set the trigger while the inertia block is still in the back position My question is there a stonger spring for a double release application or can I just remove the inerta block?

2. B.C.

B.C. Member

yes there is a stronger spring, are you sure the spring you installed is not rubbing the release cam ? some have had to remove the inertia block, they set the trigger so fast that they trap the block ! hope this helps, B.C.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Billy Bez- You may have just messed up my next doubles score. I have no idea when I set my trigger for the second shot of doubles. It just happens. But now, after reading your post, I am sure that I will be thinking about this during my next doubles event (This Wed. at NC State).

I suggest that you try a heavier spring for your inertia block. Then, after your problem is solved, figure out a way for me to solve the problem caused by you fixing your problem. Life is complicated and my mind is so weak.

Pat Ireland

4. Billy Bez

Billy Bez TS Member

BC and Pat Ireland Thank you for answering my post. I have an earlier K-80 with the hair spring set-up on the sears. I've never updated it to the coil spring set-up because I felt this was one of the reasons I was able to set the trigger so fast. I've been shooting this gun for the last six years and befor that a model 32 with the exact same set-up and never had a problem up until now.I must add that Every time I shot a K-80 with a double release and the coil spring up date I always had trouble setting the second barrel.I've tried many double releases on inertia triggered guns Browning's,Perazzi's,Gamba's and Berreta's with the same results I always had to wait for the trigger to re-set. I also own a couple Remington 3200's and had to limit the inertia travel to shoot them. I will try removing the inertia block first because I feel that I've been trapping the block all these years with out knowing it. Thanks Billy Bez.

5. Billy Bez

Billy Bez TS Member

BC and Pat Ireland Thank you for answering my post. I have an earlier K-80 with the hair spring set-up on the sears. I've never updated it to the coil spring set-up because I felt this was one of the reasons I was able to set the trigger so fast. I've been shooting this gun for the last six years and befor that a model 32 with the exact same set-up and never had a problem up until now.I must add that Every time I shot a K-80 with a double release and the coil spring up date I always had trouble setting the second barrel.I've tried many double releases on inertia triggered guns Browning's,Perazzi's,Gamba's and Berreta's with the same results I always had to wait for the trigger to re-set. I also own a couple Remington 3200's and had to limit the inertia travel to shoot them. I will try removing the inertia block first because I feel that I've been trapping the block all these years with out knowing it. Thanks Billy Bez.

6. Billy Bez

Billy Bez TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.