1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? on if Hastings barrel will fit newer 1100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootgood, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootgood

shootgood Member

I had an older 1100 trap that I put a Hastings high rib barrel on and liked it a lot, but have recently purchased a newer classic trap (newer one with the gold eagle on the side and light engraving). I went to switch the barrels and found that the forearm will not go all the way on with the hastings barrel. The 1970's era 1100's forearm slid right on that gun, but the newer version is having trouble. I was wondering if this is just a matter of some filing needed, or if others have had this issue with the Hastings just not fitting the newer style 1100's. Thanks for your help in advance, just looking to get back into shooting after about 3 years off.--Shoot good

2. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

THE NEWER ONES HAVE LIGHTER BARRELS. YOU MAY HAVE TO OPEN UP THE BARREL CHANNEL. IT WILL THEN FIT LOOSE ON THE LIGHT BARREL BUT YOU CAN ADD SOME TAPE
    when you use it. The monte carlo stock on the newer ones is not as high as the old 1100's and I believe you will need to raise the comb somehow to use the hastings barrel effectively.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

How about just obtaining an older forend to use with the Hastings barrel?

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.