1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? on handicap shooting under the lights.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

My 16 yrs scores are staying consistent with my daylight scores but on handicap my scores at night are lower. (24 1/2 yds) I tried changing the lite pipe on my Citori from green to white to no avail so I'm wondering if this is a common ailment? Even shooting from the 21 yard line I'm shooting good but can't figure whats wrong or if this is a common ailment among shooters at night. Any suggestions? Thanks

Bill

2. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Hey - I don't care what anyone says, shooting trap at night under the lights is a different game from shooting trap in the day light - they just do not compare - and a shootoff under the lights is not a shoot off of the same game as what got you there in the day light!. the beav

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

What color lens do you use? When the sun goes down and you have to view targets under the lights I change to my yellow lenses. This allows for more contrast and easier to see the targets.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I've tried V-lite, light yellow and just using my clear glasses.

5. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

I don't know why? But most of the good night shooters I talk to say they have to shoot a higher shooting gun at night. I know some All americans add a washer to the comb for shootoffs under the lights.

TD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.