1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? on CB "Lighting" Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by extrapper84, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extrapper84

extrapper84 Member

Has anyone used the CB Lighting wads, and have any 1oz. load recomendations?

I want to use Rem. STS, RXP, or Gun Club hulls and E3 powder, prefer win 209
    primers.

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

? on CB

Mash the link above to get CB data sheet, which does not have e3, but e3 is a 'one ounce powder' so it is pretty easily cross-referable to more popular powders and ballistically similar wads.

i.e. go to Alliant's site and look for e3 data for WAA-SL/CB-1100 loads. (16-19gn, depending on how fast you want to go.)

Or, if you want the ultimate 'kink' for loading e3, subtract ±1½gn from any AS recipe ... 16½ or 17gn of e3 is what you're looking for, or 18gn if you want to go a little faster.

e3 is low pressure enough that you're not going to hurt the equipment, even at 20gn.

Bob

3. extrapper84

extrapper84 Member

? on CB

Goatskin,

Thanks for the response, I'll check it out.

Trapper

4. burtona

burtona Member

? on CB

I use them in 12 ga. 1 oz. loads with AA hulls and 700X powder. Work just as well as the AA-SL wads for me.

5. KMUDD

KMUDD TS Member

? on CB

i have used 18.0 gn of promo & 1oz. in sts w/ that wad and no problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.