Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

? on bps trap

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  ec90t 
#1 ·
are the barrels actually stamped trap gander has one id swear was a trap but barrell says 30in field it has double beads with hiviz front and montecarlo stock also whatts with the winchester supreme energy trap its marked on rec trap barrels say sporting

G
#2 ·
The BPS trap uses a 30", or 28" on the micro, barrel that isn't marked trap, but is chambered for 2 3/4" shells only. The field barrels are marked for 3" as well as 2 3/4". The HiViz sights are standard on the trap as well as the M/C stock.

The only difference in the energy's barrels is that the sporting had a wider rib than the trap model. The big difference is in the stock configuration.

ec90t

G
#6 ·
Trigger is descently fast, but very clunky. This is a easy fix for gunsmith. At the price you are saying that you can get it for, it's a no brainer. Get a good choke tube for it and have a good recoil pad fitted and you'll be in business.

I wish I could find a deal like that on another on!

ec90t

#7 ·
My 15 year old shoots the BPS trap 30". He did not care for it until I added an adjustable comb to it and now he can shoot it real well. I think the only difference between the trap model and the field model is trap has Monte Carlo stock and magazine cut off and maybe the barrel length and trap only will shoot 2 3/4".

#8 ·
I bought mine from Cabelas for $519 with three chokes and a couple of other goodies like site inserts, I especially like shooting the 1oz loads #8 shot. The second time I took it out I shot 23 of 25 and had not shot trap or any type of gun in 27 years.

G
#10 ·
One thing you can do to make the wood look a little better is apply some Pledge every couple of days. In no time it will start to shine a bit. No it won't look like a nice tung oil or urethane finish, but definitly better than the satin finish they come with. Just don't shoot any doubles until you clean the wax out of the checkering on the forearm (ask me how I know).

ec90t

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.