1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? on American Arms O/U

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

A gun store near me took in an American Arms O/U called a silver II I think, It has choke tubes. he is asking $400 for it. Sound like a deal or not? Thanks

2. mikey t

mikey t TS Member

Funny, I shoot 100 to 150 targets twice a month with an American Arms Silver II with no problems. Is it a Silver Seitz, Krieghoff, or Perazzi; no. but it will break targets and last of you take care of it. I asume but your comment you only drive BMWs, Mercedes, or Rolls Royces? Not all of us can afford $2,000 to $5,000 trap guns.

3. nrasmus

nrasmus Member

I have heard good and bad about all of the <$750 O/U's. One day five owners will say nothing but good then there will be plenty of bashing and tales of them torn up after a week. I was thinking about buying a little 20 ga. for fun, but I just can't quite convince myself it will last yet.

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I have an American Arms 28ga o/u that I use for small game, pheasants, doves etc.

Nice and light little gun for that purpose, I don't worry about carrying in brush etc. since I paid $600.00 for it.

I've shot it a couple times at the club just for fun and broke a 22 last time. I wouldn't do it regularly though.

Sure as hell drops a pheasant up to 30-40 yards.

SW

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My first o/u was an American Arms 12 ga and I put close to 25,000 rounds through it before I sold to a friend who wanted it for duck hunting. It was a Silver II in camo and shot 3 1/2 shells. The company is still producing them but the name has changed to Tristar. They purchased an old Beretta patent and are making both o/u and auto's and they seem to be holding up real well. I know the owner and gladly sell his products. They are a long way from being junk in my opinion.

I realize that there are a lot more 1100's and 390's out there but I've seen a lot more of them break than I have AA arms guns. The two that I have had were built like a tank and were on the heavy side. I've yet to see any brand of gun that doesn't have failures. Some just look better and are a lot more expensive when they break. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.