1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? on AA hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bkms, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkms

bkms Member

On the old style AA they have a square around the AA. I have some of the light and xtra light variety without the square. Are these the new two piece design? Thanks. Bob.

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Hold the hull up to a light sorce and you will be able to see either a base wad or the lack there of. Also, the older style of hulls had a difference feel, it was more rough.

Bryan

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

On the base of the newer shell there will be an HS on it. Bulge.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

If you shine a flashlight inside and see a white piece of plastic at the bottom its a HS hull. You can also shine a flashlight at the side of it and see the top of the plastic at the top letters where shell will say light/heavy under the l l/8-8's, or whatever lead weight and pellet size was in that factory load. Hope this helps you out some. Break-em all. Jeff

5. bkms

bkms Member

Thanks guys, it appears that they are HS. It doesnt have HS stamped on it but when i shine a light on the side i see the top of the plastic. I can also feel it in there. Are they worth reloading? I was thinking of getting back into reloading but never had reloaded the newer type. Looking at reloading components price, i might just get rid of it all!

6. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

The transition from the old compression formed 1 piece hull to the current HS 2 piece hull.

Try 1: 2 piece with base cup, same logo as 1 piece at the time. The are suppose to load exactly like 1 piece. These are the ones to be very careful with, especially if you use a PW or Spolar. Reports of base wad separation.

Try 2: Win quietly redesigned base wad without admitting to any thing wrong with the 1st try. Logo AA with no box.

Try 3: Win again quietly redesigned the base wad without admitting to any thin wrong with the 1st or 2nd try. Logo underlined AA.

I have not heard of any separations with Try 2 just AA logo or Try 3 underlined AA logo.

Since they are 2 piece hulls it will be very prudent to inspect your barrel after every shot.

FYI almost any Remington hull is 1 piece.

Jason

7. chikeneyes

chikeneyes TS Member

They shoot great but do not abuse them A couple times and let them hit the ground I have loaded over 20,000 Granted it would be nice to find one piece hulls but you would normally pay 4to5 cents a piece for them good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.