1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? on a Remington 1100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

May I ask if a trigger assembly for a right hand 1100 will work on a left hand 1100? Thanks in advance. JM

2. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

No. You will need the proper carrier. Some try to modify by grinding the thing but your better off getting to proper one. Other than the safety and the carrier the LH & RH are identical. Dave T.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have a left hand trigger in my right hand 1187 (same as a 1100), and it works fine, so I'm guessing the answer is yes. The safety will be backwards. I removed the safety on mine as it is a targets only gun, and no safety is better than a backwards safety that you think is on when it is off. Mark

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

The difference in the carriers is a small tab that sticks up on the side of the carrier, on receiver side that is open. It apparently is there to keep the shell from trying to escape through the receiver side opening. My trigger has the tab on the wrong side, but I have tried to get the gun to malfunction when loading shells, even two shells at 5 stand, and haven't been able to get it to jamb. Just my experience. Mark

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you for your inputs. Your help is greatly aprpeciated. jm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.