1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OMG I'm on pins and needles

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by InsureGuy, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

OMG I

I find myself living vicariously through the posts about the 100K qualifier being sent home for shooting bugs bunny, and now there's all this hoopla about the B.O.D. and the quitting of what sounds like "A heckuva good guy". Tonights meeting sounds like it will be rife with outrage, executive session, and political intrigue. I plan on tuning in hourly to see what the threads look like. I might even pop some popcorn and snuggle up to the desktop until the wee hours of the morning reading the outrage thats sure to come.

In all seriousness folks, I am actually saddend by it all. When I lost my father some time back, I felt as if things would just never be the same. I sort of feel the same way about trapshooting. It's been a while since I was a member of the ATA but it appears as if I've missed very little. It's been my experience that people in power, only crave more. Once that mindset takes hold, the ability to remeber the actual reason your there is to serve the collective membership. It's a shame that the meetings are full of executive sessions. That's a serious issue that really undermines the boards credibilty.

I think what ultimately happens is people get frustrated, disenchanted and quite shooting all together. Thats what saddens me. This is what I consider a gentlemans (or Ladys) sports. I've met alot of people shooting at various venues and listening to them and their experiences is wonderful. Folks Like Neil Winston, Leo III, and Frank Hoppe are just regular guys who will talk with you like they are your neighbors. That's what like the most about this sport. The comraderie (sp) between shooters, vendors and their families. The knowledge that is shared in immesurable. Can you imagine what would be lost if Harlan just packed it up ? Or what if Merlyn just said screw it. The things that they know andcould share could be lost.

I know that there are gonna be folks who make some comments about this post, but know this, I am only pointing out that which is most frustrating and what can be lost. It seems as if we've accepted that from our politicians because moneys creates infuence and power. Here, we have a chance, to affect something that we all care for. We must, because who would own a $450,000 motor coach, drive across the country to shoot at a place that's hotter than Death Valley. While spending $900 on shells to shoot through an $9000.00 piece of metal...

Jason

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It is a true shame that the EC of the ATA has let this happen to the organization and the BOD for their apathy over the past years.

Seems though that the time has come for the ATA members to create it's own mini-revolution, burn it all to ground and then rebuild from the ashes up.

Curt

3. blacklab

blacklab Member

What I don't understand is this reverence for Neil Winston. It borders on a religion. I don't know the man. I have never met him. But being a past president of the ATA and not doing anything to right the situation, I think he is part of the problem.

4. blacklab

blacklab Member

What I don't understand is this reverence for Neil Winston. It borders on a religion. I don't know the man. I have never met him. But being a past president of the ATA and not doing anything to right the situation, I think he is part of the problem.

5. blacklab

blacklab Member

NO the question is what did he do while he was Pres. to put an end to the situation.

What more justification do I need then the fact he was on the EC and prsident!!!!!!!!!

6. blacklab

blacklab Member

His inaction was when he was Pres.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.