1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OLYMPIC SHOTGUN PHOTO

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kraiza, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

This new rib for the Olympic shooter
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e276/Kraiza/olympics_prev.jpg?t=1218106692

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I'll try again

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Looks Like a Beretta DT-10 with a small girder bridge on top of the barrel and a hump ("what hump??") on the stock...

Actually, if you look at the rifles used by some of the small bore rifle shooters they are built up like this as well (OK, so this one is an extreme example, even for them).

Hey, if it works, why not?

4. Les Greevy

Les Greevy TS Member

The shooter ia Ahmed EL Makatom (sp)from the UAE shooting double trap at the 2004 Athens Olympics where he won the gold medal. Since then high ribs and short high ribs have become the hot setup for double trap because you can see the first target much sooner. Les

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I likes his ear muffs but they look like they might be on backwards or possibly thats might be the way there supposed to be cause he wants to hear what they are saying behind his back.

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

The new Perazzi 'Brooklyn" model (aka MX2008) is in response to guns like this. They maybe be good for Doubles but don't think they will catch on for single at Olympic Trap.

7. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Where is Joe Kuhn?

8. Reed

Reed TS Member

He painted those on to take attention of his "big a** nose" lol. Not kidding...direct from the horse's mouth. Really great guy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

MX-8B

I noticed that too.

Not only that, it looks like the butt of the gun is mounted very low, on his pectoral muscle. Head very erect, and almost like his chin is on the stock instead of his cheekbone.

Who are we to second guess a gold medal winner, though?

10. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Some guys shoot good inspite of their equipment and style.

11. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

he is not the only one shooting that exact rib, another italian shooter is, seen it on you-tube, theres also a euro company making simalar ribs may be theres, its BRIDGE something is the name, the other italian is shooting a dt-10 as well, seems to be very popular olympic trap gun , some of the best r shooting them..........

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Olympic Gold Medal winner (Atlanta) Russell Mark from Australia use to post here often - I checked the list of competitors for Beijing and his name is on the list.

Has anybody heard from him lately?

FRedmon

13. tattoomonster

tattoomonster TS Member

Hate to disagree but that looks like a 682 and not a DT-10

14. tattoomonster

tattoomonster TS Member

Your right.. missed it the first time.

15. Baber

Baber TS Member

BTW the guy in the white hat in the photo with Ahmed is Josh Lakatos 1996 Silver Medalist in Single Trap and a advocate of high rib shotguns. Josh has been coaching recently in Dubai and is in China now.

TB

16. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I think a set up like that would take a lot in getting used to. I wonder if this wasn't a photo shoot cause there is no sign of protective glasses. Aren't they required in matches in the olympics? Dan

17. Baber

Baber TS Member

Glasses and hearing protection are not mandatory. It's a strange rule. If the local range requires them then the competitor must use them. There are a lot of european shooters who don't use hearing and eye protection.

TB

18. Texas Crew'd

Texas Crew'd Member

While there is nothing stated that international doubles must be shot mounted, it is not generally shot off the shoulder. There are no rules stated that eye and/or ear protection are mandatory it is range/event specific.

Garry

19. Baber

Baber TS Member

Develsadvocate... Each sport has its rules and quirks. You may find our walk from station tom station with an open loaded gun strange but I also find people closing and raising the gun before the previous shooter has shot equally strange.

Tom

20. Baber

Baber TS Member

DT does not require any off the face mount. Only skeet require a low gun. DT does have avariable release of the target 0-1 second. This was done to stop trap roofs from being shot by spot shooters.

TOm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.