1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Olympic guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Technoid, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Technoid

The Technoid TS Member

On the www.nbcolympic.com website I watched the final shoot-offs in all the shotgun events. In mens and women's trap and men's double trap, the only brand of gun I saw was Perazzi. In men's and women's skeet, I saw mostly Perazzis and a few Berettas (Hancock shot a DT10), but I spotted no other brands.

Anyone notice something that I didn't? Any Krieghoffs? Blasers? etc? From the looks of it, the real pros in our sport seem to have very clear preferences.

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

There was at least 1 K80. Cory Cogdell has bought in to the Kgun program. Other that that it was mostly Perazzis

Tom

3. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

I was looking, it appears that the Men's final was all P-gun. Most had custom stocks or glove grip style as well. Sad to say it looked like most were using RC4 ammo, which we can't get here.

HJH

4. The Technoid

The Technoid TS Member

I just watched the finals in the shooting events and didn't see any Krieghoffs. Cory Cogdell (Bronze in Beijing 2008) didn't make the finals in women's trap this time. I think that Cogdell's bronze was the first medal that Krieghoff has taken in the Olympics since Don Haldeman won the trap gold in Montreal 1976 using a K32. I remember that US IntSk shooter Brad Simmons' K32 broke on him part way through the skeet event in Montreal and he finished well down the list.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Bruce

Cory shot a Perazzi in China to win her bronze. She is a recent convert to Kguns. It's pronounced $$$$.

Tom

6. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

My recollection is that Brad simmons converted to a Mauser made by Gamba after making the team w/ a Kreighoff and shot the Mauser at Montreal.

Chuck

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Cory is a very strong girl and can handle the K-Gun.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'll say she's strong. She broke that gun in two over her head!

9. JH

JH Well-Known Member

It is all ABOUT THE MONEY!

10. The Technoid

The Technoid TS Member

Tom- I didn't know that Cory had shot a Perazzi in 2008. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Chuck- Maybe my memory is fading, but I believe that Simmons started the Olympic match with his K32 and switched to the Mauser/Gamba when it broke during the match. I was sitting in the two dollar seats and remember seeing that he had some gun trouble. I forget what Satterwhite was shooting- perhaps his Ljutic Bi-gun.

11. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Perazzi sponsers a lot of shooters. It helps sell guns. Its not the arrow,might be the Indian. Would you shoot one if they gave or leased it to you? Why does Perazzi furnish a tool kit with their guns?

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

At least you can replace a trigger spring yourself and not have to send it to the gunsmith. Same is true with firing pins.

T

13. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Kim Rhode shoots a K gun. OOPs. Not so sure. She's not listed on the K site, so I guess I stand corrected.

14. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

15. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Kim Rhode's shoots what ???????

16. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

There is a thread on this forum about Kim's gun. It is an MX2000.

17. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I believe the last American gun used to win a medal was Matt Dryke and his 3200 Remington. 1984, International Skeet.

Ajax

18. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I suspect a large part of what's being shot has to do with support. ....

If your shooting a pgun and your trigger goes out, there's another one in the bag to use while yours gets fixed. Big advantages in major comps where they don't wait....

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If you think these atheletes are shooting really expensive shotguns you should also consider that their annual ammo cost exceeds the total price of the gun. They need these high quality guns because lesser quality guns won't stand up to the volume of shooting that they do.

20. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Excellent point. They go through the ammo by the truck load. And targets... and... Whatever it takes to get the big prize.

HJH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1976 olympic trap shootgun
olympic trap guns

olympic trap shooting guns

women trap shooters of oregon