1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Olympic bunker list

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Les Greevy, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Les Greevy

Les Greevy TS Member

There is no current, up to date list of Olympic trap bunkers in the US. I am trying to create one. I need the culb name, location, contact person, phone number, website, etc. If anyone having such information about a bunker would E-mail me at the above address it would be very greatly appreciated.I will see that the list is posted. Thanks. Les Greevy

2. LLSCjrshooter

LLSCjrshooter TS Member

Les,

There is a bunker trap at the Sirloin and Saddle Club in Kansas City, Missouri.

As far as I know, it is a private club, but there have been times when the various local SCTP teams, etc., have been allowed to shot bunker there.

Regards,

Peter Greenspan

3. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Kerrville

4. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Coon Creek Trap & Skeet

5393 Waltz Rd., Lincoln, CA 95648

Phone: (916) 539-8544

(Mailing: PO Box 460, Lincoln, CA 95648)

(email sent by the way).

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Fairfield sportsman club in Cincinnati Ohio

6. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Les,

You might also post this over at www.internationalshotgun.net on their forum.

A worthy endeavor, I see a lot of talented juniors shooting bunker.

7. Les Greevy

Les Greevy TS Member

The Olympic bunker list is posted at BJ Mc Daniel's website www.deadtargetschool.com under "Where to Shoot". There is a link to add new information. Thanks to everyone on TS.com who helped compile this information. Les Greevy

8. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

Texas Ton,

Please contact me via e-mail. Thanks for the heads up for the folks.

If anyone is interested please come and watch the best in the nation vie for a spot on the Olympic Shotgun Team 8-16 March 2008.

Jack Burch

9. redix

redix TS Member

HILLSBORO TRAP & SKEET CLUB: Wren Rd, Hillsboro, OR 97124. Phone (503) 648-2972.
    Contact-Johnny Terry

10. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

redix,

If we come to see you will we have to put up with Dave Senter? Tell him I said hi!!!

Jack

11. GP40X

GP40X TS Member

Oaktree Gun Club, Newhall, CA. It was built for Kim Rhode but I haven't seen it used by anyone else. Contact Tim Mitchell, Manager. <www.oaktreegunclub.com>

Lane.

12. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

any bunkers in pa. or ohio?

13. jrb

jrb Member

St. Louis Trap and Skeet has Bunker and Wobble. They hosted Olympic trials back in the early 90's. Lindenwood University utilizes it alot to stay one of the best shooting teams in the Country.

J. R. Brock

14. lowsix

lowsix TS Member

In Ohio, Fairfield Sportsmen Association (Fairfield, OH) has an excellent bunker set-up (as I was there for the Ohio State Championship in September). Contact is Charlie Wentzel.

For those in California, here are the ones in S. Calif.:

Triple BBB, S. El Monte, CA (1 bunker)
    San Diego Shotgun Sports, San Diego, CA (2 bunkers)

As for the one at Oaktree, it was built for Kim Rhode but was configured for Double Trap (no longer shot in the Olympics for women). Check with the club for availability.

Finally, I was told that a mini-bunker would be going in at Project 2000 in El Cajon of which 3 stations would be installed (instead of normal 5 due to space constraints) when I was there at a fund raiser for Susan Sledge in August (haven't heard any updates since) as this would allow Susan to train when SDSSA wasn't available.

Finally, Las Vegas Gun Club has a bunker as well (and a nice one at that).

15. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Les, It is my understanding that the international bunker in Kansas City at the Saddle and sirloin are some that were given to the club from the Olympic Center or someway thru the Olympic entity with the stipulation they would be open to the public when desired. I also understand thru he 'grapevine' that that club is going to be opening the gun club part of saddle and sirloin to the public anyway. Not sure how soon, or if this is indeed fact, but for locals, check it out.

Lorna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

olympic bunker texas

olimpic bunker trap clubs clubs in california