1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Olympia Shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bridgetoofar, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Are they still in business? Is there a distributor in the USA?

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Is this the same company that sold paper hunting shells back about 1970? I remember buying Olympia hunting shotgun shells for $1.99 a box, made in Europe somewhere.

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Olympia is gone.... Good Riddance.... You never knew what you were going to get. I have some that had cocked wads and would not go into the gun. One flat would be poopers and another would be so over loaded that they sounded like a cannon going off.

We need boutique manufacturers like this but ones who understand quality. These guys could not produce it much less spell it.

Tom

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Was a pretty unique concept when you placed an order with them. You could save some money by buying the shells in five gallon buckets with lids. No boxes and the buckets were damn heavy.lol They were not known for high quality control.

5. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Constantinides was his name wasn't it? He was a nice guy, but he did promise the moon and frequently couldn't deliver. I went through his factory outside Atlanta one time.

I had a couple of bum shells, but for the most part they were a pretty good value I thought.

The original Olympias were made in Cyprus and were very good shells as I recall.

J.F. Wolfington
    Phila., PA

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Too bad if they are gone. I shot them in the late '90s for sporting. Consistant, clean burning, hard shot and inexpensive. Never had a problem with them and probably shot 50 flats or so. Made in Cypress.

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

The Cypress shells were ok it was the Georgia stuff that was JUNK. Never knew what you were getting. Ask for 1 oz and get 24Gm and vice versa. They were so iffy I am very surprised that no one had a gun blow up.

Tom

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I figure I shot over 10,000 of the Olympia shell that were made in Georgia. Almost all were the one ounce mini max shells in the translucent case. We transported them on a pickup truck to North Carolina. They were excellent shells at a great price. Maybe some people got bad shells but we didn't.

9. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

anybody remember canuks 1 doller a box in grants they were paper an wax came in all size they were great 10 bucks a case just found a box otherday they still shot great wow

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

lightning20ga,

I find using the English language works much better on this forum.

11. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

grnt whats ur problem?????

12. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

does anybody have a Olympia shell box they would like to trade or sell?? Just looking for one.
    Thank you,
    Jim

13. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

"grnt whats ur problem?????"

I'll just guess, but it may have something to do with the lack of capitalization, punctuation and sentence structure, coupled with generation X abbreviations making comprehension and easy reading a chore.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

bridgetoofar,

BINGO!!

15. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

He's got to be the oldest person in his 3rd grade class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.