1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OldGuy Swiftwater Trap Club Hat Antiqes Roadshow

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mag410, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Just saw an old fart... Ah... I mean a seasoned veteran wearing an Swiftwater Trap Club hat on the Antiques Roadshow from Salt Lake City. He had a mint 1952 Les Paul guitar and amplifier. He said his dad ordered it for him. The clay target on his hat caught my attention and I stepped forward a frame at a time on the Tivo until I could read the hat. It is a shame some of the old guns I have were not as well cared for as that guitar.

Michael

2. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

52 and 53 Goldtops are collectable but not very playable. Hard to keep in tune with the "trapeze" tailpiece. Better LP's start in 57 when the PAF humbucker pickups replaced the old P-90's. That's why they command ridiculous prices.

With the way Gibson is getting screwed by the feds over an obscure clause in the Lacey act,new American made Gibsons may be a thing of the past. Better buy one while you can.

Didn't mean to hijack your post. Part time guitar geek.

3. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I saw that too, I think it was an episode from 2007.

You wonder what prices they would put on the same stuff now with all this Hope and Change floating around.

4. mag410

mag410 Active Member

If he sold the guitar in 2007 for the $20,000 it appraised for and bought lead shot or gold he would be sitting pretty.

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

antiqesroadshow

swiftwater hat