1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Older honda snowblowers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I am looking at a older Honda snowblower. HS55 with tracks. It looks as good as the new ones at the store. Gent has used it very little, has had it tuned and prep for storage every year. I bought a older Sears ridemower off him several years ago and was/is in great shape. I would not think the blower got less care? Im just a tad nervouse of buying 10+ year old. parts aval. ect ect

2. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

I have had a 928 that I bought new in 1999. Parts are no problem other than price. The main shear pin for mine is $18.00. However it is the best snowblower I have ever had, I used to swear by Ariens Snowblowers, but I would never buy another on after having the Honda.
    Good Luck!
    Scott

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I bought my walk behind John Deere snow blower in 1992 and the only thing I've had to do was to change the spark plug and the oil over the years.

Motor still does not use any oil, and it runs great.

If it is maintained as good as you say, you probably won't have to many problems with it.

Hauxfan!

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

its a tad smaller than the pics show but, its home now. The track drive is a bit harder to move around.....can it be convertered to tires? cleaned up looks new. only rust is on the scraper on the bottom and the skids.

5. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

maclellan1911, I've had wheel drive and track drive. I will never go back to wheel. I liked my track drive so much, I bought another one in almost new condition. The traction is considerably better than wheel. Both are MTD/Yardman with Tecumseh engines. Both are steerable by simply disengaging the drive on either side with a squeeze lever on either handlebar.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

One of my trapshooting buddies owns a Honda Power Products dealership here. I have one of about every Honda thing he sells. We swap comptuer stuff for Honday stuff.

I was going to trade-up my Honda snowblower, but Todd said "Don't." He said the older Honda HS621 is the best one they made without tracks. He told me a couple of months ago that it has a true 5½ HP engine versus the lesser new ones.

Not sure what your 55 is.

Whiz

7. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

This is an excellent machine. I have had one since 1988 with no trouble at all. Mark R

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Paladin, my machine is not tank drive, single engagement only. Might move better in the frozen/snowy ground

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

older honda snowblowers