1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Older Herters 12 gauge wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ks-trap-shooter, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ks-trap-shooter

ks-trap-shooter TS Member

Hello,

I ran in to a bunch of herters 12 ga 1 1/8 wads. I didnt know if these would be worth trying to sell or add to the scrap pile. All input appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ryan

2. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Grab a couple and squeeze them. If they break, throw them away. If they don't, load a few and shoot them. If they shoot OK and you don't want them, send them to me.

Mike

3. ks-trap-shooter

ks-trap-shooter TS Member

They are white and in boxes of 1000.

They are pretty hard...not brittle or tear easy like older AA's do...So I don't know.

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I remember they used to fly much farther than any of the other wads. There was a time when some of us used to go pick up wads, wash them and reload them for 16 yds and skeet. I guess money for shooting was a little tight then with a young family. LOL, But it was fun. We would order our primers from Herter's along with the wads so that the primers rode along "freight free".Great times!
    Shoot well and often while we can, Bob

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

They should still be good. They were "guaranteed not to rust, rot, mold, or mildew."

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

how many do you have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.