1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Older BT99, with RR or RT in ser.#

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BT99, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT99

BT99 Member

Anyone have a BT99 with RR or RT in the serial number, 32 inch, they want to part with. Friend of mine looking for one.

2. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

I take 2 of them!! 32 or 34.......

3. LittleLeo

LittleLeo TS Member

I have a BT-99 with RN199 in the last serial number. It is approx 95% on wood and 90% blueing. Wear is bottom of receiver from hand oils I would assume. Lever is a little right of center and I had a Gracoil LOP installed with a Limbsaver pad. It is a 34" Trap Full. I just don't use this gun anymore. It also comes with a Browning Leather hardcase. Don't know what it is worth. Would consider offers. Please call 701-360-5437

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I know where an RR is, it is a two barrel set, including the original case for $1300 plus shipping<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

5. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

drhuner,
    Please e-mail me more info

6. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

Any more out there? I still want one......

7. WarEagle2017

Email: wareagle2017@yahoo.com
    Date: Thu, Aug 02, 2007 - 06:45 PM CT
    Website Address:

OK here is the skinny, this info is direct from Browning two days ago, I call them and told them that the common belief here on TS.com is that the BT99's that we know as the " HIGH SHOOTERS " were only made in 1976 and 77 this is not true although the 76 and 77 's were some of the High shooters the years that the so called High shooters were made also included 1975 and 1978, at guy at Browning named Joe went into the archives ( old catalogs ) and here is what they said, 1975-76-77-78 they were are refered to as Extra High Post Ribs, starting in 1979 they catalogs described them as just High Ribs, a friend and I do have one with RP in the serial number, and we can clearly see that both of the matching 34" serial number barrels both extra High Ribs, and they are for sale right now for 1350.
    (THIS ONE IS STILL AVAILABLE IF YOU WANT IT )!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

drhunter,
    In the above posts with the photos, you said that you knew where that was an "RR". On your last post you refered to one with "RP". Which do you have available.

Shoot me an e-mail and maybe we can work out something.

Mark

9. oletymer

oletymer Member

Nice try drhunter. You probably sell bridges also. This is a lame attempt for you to sell guns that are not in the range of high shooters.

10. WarEagle2017

Well shootlow let me take care of you smart _ss answer first:::: If you knew anything about ribs at all you would know that::: the higher the rib is nearer the reciever ( and tapering down to nothing at the muzzle ) will make the gun shoot higher.... Second issue : I am not Highjacking someones elses post I am just trying to help out a guy that is looking for a so called High Shooter who is probaly thinking that the RR and RT are the only ones that Browning made, I had an interist in the subject and took the time to call Browning to try to get some straight info on the subject and the info I added to the post was just that, thus trying to help a guy find what he wants and also help a friend that just happens to have a very nice one.

Now for oletymer::: are you an authority on Browning Guns, evendently you seem to know what the range of ( so called ) High Shooters are, so please enlighten all of us Dummies including the Browning people that I spoke to about this issue, so that Browning and I can get our stories straight.

11. WarEagle2017

shootlow we were not talking about other Browning guns we were talking specificly about the Bt99 series of guns that were refered to as High Shooters, you can talk all you want about other guns to make yourself sound right, as you just tried to do when you mentioned the MAX, and I did not have to explain that the rib tapered dont at the front to someone that knew what that meant.

12. WarEagle2017

I can see that I am wasting my time trying to tell you that We are only refering to the Older BT99's that were considered High Shooters ( of which the BT99 Max was not included in the bunch that was made in 75 thru 78 )
    Have a Great Day and go away.

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The Browning RR & RT were mostly high shooters, they are in great demand. Browning should re-release this style of rib again.

Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.