1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Older BT99 value

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Robin J, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin J

Robin J TS Member

0   0   0

I am just getting into trap shooting. I have an opportunity to buy a BT-99 made in 1974. It is a 34" barrel full choke in barely used condition. It is tight, 99 % bluing without scew-in chokes or adjustable comb. It is a basic very clean trap gun. The question is what is it worth between private parties?

Robin Hoff

2. Robin J

Robin J TS Member

0   0   0

I am just getting into trap shooting. I have an opportunity to buy a BT-99 made in 1974. It is a 34" barrel full choke in barely used condition. It is tight, 99 % bluing without scew-in chokes or adjustable comb. It is a basic very clean trap gun. The question is what is it worth between private parties?

Robin Hoff

3. Robin J

Robin J TS Member

0   0   0

I am just getting into trap shooting. I have an opportunity to buy a BT-99 made in 1974. It is a 34" barrel full choke in barely used condition. It is tight, 99 % bluing without scew-in chokes or adjustable comb. It is a basic very clean trap gun. The question is what is it worth between private parties? I have done a fair amount of shooting in youth and 20+yrs in Army.

Robin Hoff

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

In todays market, about $800 give or take a little.

I much prefer the older ones to what Browning makes today and sells for over $1000.

ss

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I just sold one just like you described for 800.00 JM

6. Robin J

Robin J TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the insights. I will be shooting it tomorrow for the first time. I am going to Prado shooting park in Chino CA site of the 1984 olympics. It should be a good time as weather is great. The $800 price is about what I expect to pay and I appreciate the confirmation as well as the comments. I have been warned that I will probably be buying more guns if the sporting clays or skeet but bites. It probably will. Again thanks
    Robin Hoff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.