1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

older .22 scope mounting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by halfmile, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Had a nice old J. C. Higgins Model 33 hiding in the cabinet, and thought it would be nice for the next round of grandbabies to learn on.

I checked some .22 rings I had from a Marlin and Kimber, and the grooves on this gun seem to be closer together than on the newer ones.

I figure someone here must have a little info so ..............

I would like to put a 1 inch scope on this thing, not one of those wee ones.

HM

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

if its a 3/8" groove pair...then a set of the 1" rimfire rings ought to fill your need..I think I saw looking through the sportsman guide the BSA Sweet22 scope complete with the rings for under 30 bones

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

So into the vast storehouse of accumulated knowledge goes the fact that there are 2 sizes of .22 dovetail grooves for scope mounting. My Marlin and Kimber are the larger type, and I never had occasion to use the 3/8 rings. Loving simplicity, I assumed they were all the same size.

Thanks.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.