1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Winchester Rifles and Shotguns..value?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Over the last 30 years or so I have owned many different Winchester rifles and shotguns...it seems to me that their value peeked a few years ago, and now the demand and value is fading. I think they have lost their appeal, and that the newer style guns have taken over. The quality and "feel" of the old Winchesters will never be repeated, but when the price of a used antique gun is more than a new quality gun, the old ones don't stand a chance. I think this is especially true of the Model 12 and the Model 70s. The prices that people are asking for these guns are really high, and I don't think many are selling...Am I correct? Opinions appreciated...Thanks WC

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A lot depends on what exactly the gun is.

Model, year made, condition, features, caliber or gauge, quality of wood, scarcity, all make a difference. Even regional location can be a factor. For example, some cartridges are more popular on the east coast than west.

3. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I know a decent M42 still brings $2000 in my area. I shoot some skeet with mine and I ALWAYS get "how much you want for that". For the right gun to the right guy the old Winchesters are still worth more than any new gun. Me being one of them.

Steve

4. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

This was about $500 and worth every penny:

CIMG3844.jpg

CIMG3848.jpg

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Your guns are worth keeping. They are not loosing interest with anyone. There will always be people who like me like the older guns better then the new ones. Keep them and you will not be sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

have 10 gauge shotguns losts their appeal

value of older rifles and shotguns

value of vintage winchester rifles