1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Timers Trap Cures

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grammie, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grammie

grammie TS Member

Instead of putting tape on the barrel,,,paint the front sight a deep,,dark,dark, red!!! As your aquire the target the red fades to dark!!!

Flinching??? Instead of using only the tip of your finger to stroke the trigger,,insert your trigger finger up to the middle knuckle,,,Your flinch will be cured...

The best load for singles,doubles??? You won't find it in re-loading data,,,I made it for the wife!!! Your hull,,,16 grains of green dot,,a windjammer wad,,and an 1 1/8 oz of shot,,,,This load will not cycle thru an automatic,,but it is a 'target destroying' load,,,and one with so little re-coil,,you have to get used to it,,the speed is less than 1000fps,,,but it will prove to you that you do not need even a 1145fps load to consistantly break targets,,,the pattern is great!!!!

AKA Grammie.....

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Grammie: Your not talking the knuckle near the finger tip? Your talking the next knuckle down, right? If so, I've never tried that, and as I've become older I have aquired a flinch.

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

shot410ga:

Thats right,,,the middle one,,the pivot knuckle,,generally a flinch is from a trigger too light,,too firm,,,the middle knuckle works very well,,it makes for a firm stroke,,try that load recipe for your next 100 singles targets,,,you will be surprised,,,it may even help your flinch too!!!!

AKA Grammie..........

4. smartass

smartass TS Member

That grammie is a veritable wealth of information. Only he would claim to have the "best" load for singles or doubles. Also, only he has more than one knuckle per finger- the rest of us dweebs are stuck with just one.

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Annonymous,

That got me wondering so I looked it up online. The fingers each have more than one knuckle, three actually.

If you find different information, let me know.

Rollin

6. 870smokim

870smokim TS Member

jt don't make no never mine as long as it goes boom joe

7. ramen39

ramen39 Member

Tried sticking my finger in up to the middle knuckle today. I will keep on trying it as I only remembered it on the last 10 of sporting clays but I didn't flinch on any that I shot that way. Will keep on trying it. Thanks Grammie.
    Roy A.

8. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Grammie:Any special primer for that load .....light/medium/hot? Will give it a try.

9. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Try 16 grains of Green Dot with a Rem 209 primer and you will be cutting your shells open to recover lost components! Wouldn't even go that low with a Fed 209.....nice JOKE Grammie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.