1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Old style" S&W mod. 629 Scope Base

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by eck44, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eck44

eck44 TS Member

0   0   0

I have a S&W mod. 629 that was previously drilled and tapped for the old style Leupold scope base. The bases they sell now are not anywhere near as "Beefy" as the old ones, plus the mounting holes don't come close to lining up. I'd like to purchase one of the old style bases if someone would care to part with it. My pockets aren't real deep, but I would be willing to pay a premium.

Thank you,

Les

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Actually, if it was my stainless gun, I would prefer blued scope mounts and scope. The silver or "stainless-looking" mounts and scopes never match the gun. I have blued mounts and scopes on all my stainless rifles for that reason.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

scope base for s&w 629