1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old style red lee powder dippers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by The Rock, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Not necessary just weigh the powder in the dipper on your scale.

Because it really does not matter what the chart says I guarantee it will not be the same as the chart.

The dipper is a good way to get an non varying charge from the same batch of powder. After all all loading machines are volume dispensing as far as powder charge goes.

I have a set of dippers but they are the newer yellow ones and only have the volume on them.

Rock

Jim

2. letts

letts TS Member

I have a complete set of dipers. 13 in all. mine are black in color. The chart for them is a slide chart, which as you slide the card by each dipper number reads the amount of powder each dipper would dispence. A number 20 would dispence 2.3 grains of red dot. A 39 4.5 grains of red dot. 48 different powders are indicated for each dipper by using the slide chart. My dipper set is dated 1966, I probably bought the set in 1969.

Letts

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hmmmm, somewhere in my garage (the alternate universe that things disappear to) I've got a set of yellow Lee dippers. Used to use them a lot about 30 years ago. Somehow reloading was more fun when I was a kid.

4. esetter

esetter Active Member

I've got a complete set new in the box if anyone would be interested. They are yellow and in perfect condition. Contact me at the above email and we'll work out the details. Maybe even a trade for something????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1970 lee dipper set
have red lee dippers and no chart
lee 205 dipper
lee dipper chart for red dot powder
old lee powder dipper numbering

old style lee dipper 205

old style lee powder dipper

red lee dippers