1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old style AA 410 hulls value

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Trapshooter1, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

Need to know value of old styoe AA 410 hulls. My cousin has about 6000 of them that her dad had. I havent loaded in over 30 years and never loaded 410 hulls anyway. They are all new and are a little dusty from sitting in a closed box for about 20 years.

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have paid 12 to 15 cents each for old style AA's with the silver lettering. I do not know when Winchester changed from black lettering to silver. The black lettered hulls have less internal volume and require a different load to crimp properly.

Jim Skeel

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Unfortunately your window of opportunity in getting top dollar for these is closing, if not already closed. Time was you could get 20c+ out of them on ebay. By now, all the serious shooters have switched over to the HS shells, and the old style, even once fired, are bring 1/2 to 1/3 of what they once were. Not to mention most of the wad companies have retooled to produce HS hull specific wads, so you need to have a healthy source of old style wads to go with the old style hulls. You also need to be absolutely sure that the shells were never subjected to heating and cooling cycles, if they were stored in an attic or garage for 20 years, in all likelihood, they are junk anyways due to brittleness.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Try posting them on here at .15 cents apiece and see what happens. What have you got to lose!!! Try E-bay as well. and see how high they might go for. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

No more hull sales on ebay as of 3 or 4 years ago now.

6. rocko

rocko Member

If they are AA with black printing they are at least 20 years old. If stored properly they should be O.K. The problem with the black lettered .410's is you can't stuff it all in there, not enough volume.

I bought 1000 of the black lettered AA's last winter at a gun show for $50. I loaded them with about 200 grains of shot because the 220 would not fit. If the price is right I would like some more.

7. fly

fly Active Member

due to slow response, my offer is retracted.

8. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

I do not have the hulls. I know they have been in a basement in 3 closed cardboard boxes. I am going down there again Saturday. I do not know what lettering is on them. I only guessed they were over 20 years old. I will check the lettering on them.

Fly----- The reason there was a slow response is that “I went to bed" sorry and glad you retracted your offer! You’re first response I responded to and then went to bed. I only now found out you sent two more PM's and thanks for retracting them so now I do not have to respond. I only ask the value for a cousin of mine who knows nothing about them and was going to throw them away. I have no intention of taking them and resealing them to anyone. I am only going to give an option to throwing them away. Heck she might give them to someone I don’t know. I don’t sell things on e-bay and have no intention to. I will post on here for her and if she wants me to find someone to buy them from her I will do so. She gave a friend 3 reloaders and a bunch of powder that she took home to Michigan last fall when she was down here.

To every one else--- if this offends anyone sorry ahead of time. Heck she might ask me to give them to someone and if someone wants to pay freight I would do so. Does it always have to do with money? I will post what color the lettering is and let someone know. Will the dust hurt them? I know they are new and they do not seem brittle to me but I will check again.

9. Erik W

Erik W Member

Offer @ $.15 & I bet they go away pretty fast. I shoot them & prefer them to the new HS. There are no problems with capacity if use a dense powder like Little Gun for first couple of loads. Seem to be plenty of wads available. The Orange PC is a good wad & still out there by the case last time I looked.

10. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

I just talked to her on the phone. She is still down there. She looked and said they all seem to have the silver lettering. Not sure about all of them though. There is also some reloading stuff for 410 gauge. I know there are some wads and what looked like round about 1/8 inch high cardboard filler to me but not sure. When I get there tommorow I will inventory everything 410 and let someone know. The cell phone service there is not so good. Too deep in the hills of Mo.

She has a beautiful little house on 40 acres of what looks like prime Missouri Hills timber for hunting. 2 small ponds and 4 or 5 out buildings. Some "GOOD" neighbor of her dead father is trying to take her to the cleaners on the place. Said it is falling down and the property is worth nothing. He offered her 30,000 cash for the whole place. Nice Guy.

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

skeetman, your right about E-Bay. They still sell reloaders, but no hulls. I have reloaded all three 410's with the Orange PC's and they worked fine for all of them (Try H110 or Win. 296 powders). Its just that I like to use the Nobel Sport primers and find them a pain in the STS's and the old Style Win's as well. Bottom line is there are shooters out there that still like these hulls, so Good Luck with whatever you do with them. Break-em all. Jeff

12. goodlife

goodlife Member

Very interested in the hulls.
    Thank You
    Larry

13. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

The hulls have all black lettering on them. There is also a bunch of old Alcan cardboard wads for them. My cousin is takeing them all back to Michigan. Her daughters are going to sort them all out and clean the dust off of them and box them up in 500 per cartons. She is then going to let me know and I will let anyone know whom is interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.