1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**OLD SHOTGUN INFO NEEDED**

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bvr Tail, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me find anything on a Pompiere (sp) shotgun?

A friend has a side X side in 410 that needs a stock.

He can't add much info, and I did a Google search, but I couldn't find anything.

It is very old. His father bought it in the early 1900's as a boy.

I am getting the info from him over the phone, and am not sure on the spelling.

It has double hammers, and the stoch split in the hammer area because it is very thin at this point.

Maybe just point me in the right direction!!

Danny

2. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Danny there is a pretty good article on the last page of the American Rifleman this month about shotguns of that vintage, basically it states that during that time frame several companies were selling shotguns under a very large variety of names, some meant to confuse the buyer in to thinking he was getting a fine firearm made by a well known manufactuer, maybe your friend should pick up a copy, gist was parts are non exisitant.

Then again he may be holding the find of a lifetime.

Good luck to the both of you.

Rick

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

At one time we called them hardware guns because the company making them would put any name on them you would like . Most were low grade and plain .
    I would think a stock would be impossible to find and a custom stock way to much money .

ALF

4. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Thank you for the replies. Quite possibly you both are right!

Any more thoughts?

Danny

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Danny,

Just have the stock repaired. If all the wood is there this should be an easy fix. This will be a lot cheaper than having a new one built. And if done properly, the repair will be stronger than the original.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.