1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

old shooting gallerys

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FLIP, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLIP

FLIP Member

looking for info,photos,websight, on the old metal moving targets with the 22short tube feed gallery guns, we had one at a local park when i was young.would like to see if any still are around?
    thanks Flip Jendre

2. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Look at Ebay and look at SOldUSA.com Both every once and awhile will have them

3. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

Four years ago a collector friend of mine showed me pictures of two shooting gallery's that were for sale. Both gallery's were the type that were mounted on trucks maybe 40's or 50's vintage. Both needed complete restoration. Although I would love to have one and restore it the cost was way out of my reach.

I have 5 gallery rifles in my 22 rifle collection with 2 of them being Remington 572 smooth bore unfired in the box. Some shooting gallery's did have Mo-Skeet-O. I also have many variations of 500 and 250 round boxes of gallery ammo. And 4 or 5 variations of loading tubes.

You can find this stuff at gun shows Ebay and ward's collectible auctions.

I was lucky growing up during a era when shooting gallery's were at the county and state fairs and can remember putting my quarter down and picking up a Winchester model 62 and start shooting.

One of my favorite episodes of the Andy Griffith show was when Opie went to the shooting gallery at the county fair. That gallery used Winchester model 61's the rarest of all gallery rifles.

4. FLIP

FLIP Member

any others thanks

5. FLIP

FLIP Member

6. FLIP

FLIP Member

sunday up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.