1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Primer Value

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

Is it worth while to save primers to take to the salvage yard,instead of throwing into garbage can.

Bill

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I was just mulling this over yesterday. 500 primers yielded me about 1 lb 2oz. Even if they paid 30c/lb for the scrap value (i think that'd be generous, but its just a guess), it'd take me all year to make 8 bucks, and i'd waste that taking it to the scrap yard, i think i'll keep throwing them in the trash.

3. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I'll send you 20,000+ (5gal bucket FULL) if it will help and you pay postage.

Rock

Jim

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I sold mine in the past for for $50.00 per 5,000 sold 45,000 that way I could had kept the money but decided to return it because didn't want to get shot in the ASS when ever I wasn't looking.

Ok I had to box them up in the 100 packs then in the 1,000 packs then in the 5,000 cases with the hot glue still intact it was a lot of trouble but woth the wait for the sale.

True story.

Foghorn

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

most scrap yards wont take them afraid they may have live ones shot shell is mostly steel anyway the trash pick up would not take old shells had to dump in a dumpster rick

6. skidrowe7

skidrowe7 Member

Primers are great fertilizers. Just dig a hole next to your bush or tree and put a handful in. The iron released as they deteriorate the plants love and you're doing a biodegrade thing in the process.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I hauled off a bunch of metal and pop cans to the scrap yard, so I took along a 5 gallon bucket of old primers. I brought the primers back home with me, they didn't want em, couldn't give em away.

When I was a kid we would shoot em in sling shots. Luckly we were bad shots, when it came to shooting at each other using primers as ammo. They would whistle when they would go by your head. A kid could really put an eye out with one of those.

Skidrowe7, is that for real? They make fertilize?

8. skidrowe7

skidrowe7 Member

Yes, they decompose and the plants love the iron. I've been doing this now for about 5yrs and anything that had chlorisis (yellowing) is now a bright green. Go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.