1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Powder Load Help

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Jack Frost, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

0   0   0

Hi there- I have been going through my odds and ends components. I have a few miscelaneous items that I would like to use up.

What I have:

1 old can of Hercules Herco

1 old can of Hercules Unique

1 can of Longshot

1 partial bag of Claybuster WAA12SL pink wads

1 partial bag of WT12 orange wads

1 partial bag of #6 nickel plated lead shot

Fiochi 616 primers / CCI209 / REM STS 209

I would like to load a fast 1 ounce games shell with the Herco, Unique or Longshot. I am thinking something that would run in the high 1300,s or 1400's FPS range. There is no data that I can find for a load like this. I know some of the guys from my club shoot something like this but they are all away hunting. All the data from Aliant is for slow target loads.

Any info is great appreciated. All the best.

J.F.

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Longshot is a Hodgdon powder. Try their website for loads. I saw some fast 1 1/8 oz loads for WAA 12 wad in a Remington hull. The WT12 is an adequate substitute. 1 oz loads and Longshot probably won't work too well, given the powder burn rate.

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jack:

These powders are for loading heavy boomers. You won't find data using them in one ounce loads.

sissy

4. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

0   0   0

I see. Well I also have a can of Solo 1000 I just ran in to while cleaning out a cabinet. Funny, I have all this stuff but I can't remember what I used it for! Old age is a dog sometimes. Thanks anyhow.

I guess I could load some big boomers then. Let me know if there are any proven winners in the 1300 - 1400 FPS. range. If memory serves me right which is not often, that old Herco should have a real sweet smell? Thanks again.

J.F.

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

You can get both Herco and Unique up to 1300 fps. with 1-1/8 oz. loads, and the right components. Check the Alliant web-site.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.