1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Parker Double

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by setter, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. setter

setter Member

You might be interested in the above.

2. setter

setter Member

Also from above website;

Good Afternoon Robin: Sounds to Me like you have a William Parker Shotgun...He was in business from 1790 to 1840.....
    He/His Shop, made both Flintlock and Percussion Shotguns. Percussion came into its own in 1826 in France, and by the mid 1830's was being used throughout Europe...I'd have to see this Gun in person before I could claim Conversion was done upon it! The Wm.Parker Flintlock in Very Good Condition is Worth $4500.00 and thats with The Engraving and Enlays......and not altered in anyway..............
    The Wm.Parker Percussion Gun, with Good Engraving and Not a Converted Gun is Worth $2000.00........
    Condition Means everything to a Collector. Wood has to be High Quality, No Cracks, Splits , Dents and or Dings or Scratches..Metal has to be in Excellent Condition, No Dents and No Rust and No Seperated Solder Joints and or Bleeding Oxidation where the barrels are joined together..Ferrals attached and equipted with original Ram Rod..Triggers and Trigger Guard, Butt Plate Good Condition and original to the Gun...Escussion Plates still affixed to the Fore Stock..[thats the little plates that the Flat Pin goes thru the wood to hold the barrels to the stock]...The Screws all have to be in very good condition...Not all buggered up and the engraving marled up..This happens to many engraved guns...and caused by the use of a screw driver that don't fit the slot correctly....anyway...That about covers your questions.....Welcome to the Ask the Experts Forum.....Best.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
    <BR>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.