1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Nikko Shotgun Help With Info and Value

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by woodski, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodski

woodski Member

Collectors Nikko Shotgun Help With Info Please

Does anyone know about the Early Nikko O/U shotguns (not the golden eagles this is earlier model I believe)It's an Early Model Nikko O/U shotgun model EVB712 or EV8712,Silver Engraved Reciever, 28in Blue vent rib barrels, full & full chokes, Round knob stock, Original plastic butt plate. It looks to be in all in Original Condition and a very nice shotgun. Please feel free to call me on my cell at 360-888-9855 Thanks, Bob

2. woodski

woodski Member

Any Help Appreciated, thanks, Bob

3. oganza

oganza TS Member

I have two similar guns. One is an E712 and one is an EV712. They are Winchester 101 clones. Nikko manufactured the 101 for Winchester and later started selling guns under their own name.

Generally they sell for about 1/2 to 3/4 of the price of a Winchester 101. There are several on the auction sights in the $600 to $800 range. I think that the Nikkos are a great value and often they have better and more extensive engraving than the 101's.

My E712 has the Winchester field grade engraving, but the receiver is coin finished.

My EV712 has engraving on the reciever and the barrel, similar in style to the Winchester Grand European. It has a round knob, monte-carlo stock with a check piece (it must have been for the European market).

The fore end latches are often different from the Winchester style, so that fore end wood will not interchange. One of mine has a winchester style fore end latch and the other is different.

Nikko made some other models that had through lugs like a Citori (Shadows, 2200, 2500). These were considered higher grades and often have extensive engraving.

4. woodski

woodski Member

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If it says Nikko on it -- it is the same as the golden eagle- some were made with eagles and others without

It takes basically Win 101 parts

In my experience in exc condition the hunting - you are looking at 400-500

I sold one a couple of years ago with a silvered receiver(probably factory nickled) and a couple of scratches on the stock from hunting for $350

anything wrong with it and subtract from the above

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Nikko made several different ones. Some are almost exactly like the Winchester 101 (not the pigeon grade) and some are a little different (closer to the pigeon grade). I have had several of the Nikko 5000's in multiple grades. These are exactly like the Golden Eagles except for the engraving. The ev712's are different than the 5000's but are almost exactly like a 101. Very little will interchange on a 5000 with a Winchester 101 (the stock is about it and it needs 2 small holes drilled and the pitch is different).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
nikko 5000 review

nikko 712 shotgun

nikko evb 712

nikko evb712

nikko model evb712 shotgun

nikko shotgun forum

nikko shotgun value

nikko trap shotguns forum