1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old lead shot question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by spitter, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Graphite wont do anything other than provide a lubricating coating. Unless you plan on snorting the lead in an enclosed space, I wouldn't worry about the minor amount of any oxidation present.

Load it, shoot it and enjoy it,

Jay Spitz

2. jhoward

jhoward Member

Unless you are particularly worried about breathing the dust for some reason, I'd just go ahead and load it.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I bought 100lbs of #8 chilled shot. The bags smelled of mold and mildew and dry rotted enough to need special handleing or they would tear. The shot was white and sooty. I dumped it a 5 gallon bucket with small holes rinsed it, dried it shot it. all good. DO NOT throw it away. Give it to someone else.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would examine the shot and make sure that you do not have clumps of shot that are stuck together. This can clog up the shot drop tube. I would also suggest that you wash your hands after loading the stuff. It should be OK to shoot.

Pat Ireland

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

EE, That is some bad stuff. It would be better for you to box it up and to send it to me for proper disposal. We don't want to get the Feds involved here, so let's keep this hush-hush. Okay?

I know it is a hardship on me, but I'll do for a fellow trapshooter.

Call me at BR549.........

Hauxfan!

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hauxfan: I tried to call you too about my shot but your phone is always busy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.