1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old k-80 rib adjustment question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Model12Man, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Model12Man

Model12Man TS Member

Guys, I have an old k-80 (mid 80's) with the adjustable unsingle rib barrel. I like it okay, as it kicks a lot less that my m-12's, but unless I float the bird above the barrel a little on the straightaways, i'll shoot right over the tops of them, or break the bird on the top, sending one big orange chunk sailing downward.

It shoots about 70/30 now with the indicator notch at 0 and I'd like it to shoot about 60/40 or so.

Bead
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    --- <---Its here now
    -0-
    --- <---Should I move it to here to lower POI?
    ---
    Barrel

The new krieghoff manual states:

"To raise the point-of-impact (POI), turn the knurled wheel clockwise towards the D (D= rib Down)so the rib moves downwards resulting in a higher POI. To lower the POI, turn the knurled wheel counterclockwise towards the U (U= rib Up) to raise the rib resulting in a lower POI. Each calibration line on the rib will raise or lower the POIby about 10%. For example, one calibration line below the standard 70%/30% marking wouldraise the POI of the barrels by 10% to 80%/20% (in thecase of an over & under both barrelssimultaneously). The rib goes down, thebarreland POI go up, and vice versa."

On my old k-80 when I turn the knurled wheel towards "d" the rib goes up (increasing the distance between the barrel and rib which will theoretically lower the POI) which is exactly opposite of what they say in the manual for the new k-80's.

Did they flip/flop what the D and the U means on the guns at some point?

I know I can figure this out by trial and error and a patterning board, but I figured that someone here would just know the answer.

-Model12Man

2. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

To lower the POI, you need to raise the rib.

To raise the POI, you need to lower the rib.

So... you need to line up LOWER than the "0".

Good Luck!!

3. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Model12man: On the old K80 adjustment you are 'bending" the barrel and the rib stays the same.

On the new K80 Trap specials, you are moving the rib and the barrel remains the same, therefore the opposite directions in the manuel. On the new K80 trap specials, the rib adjustment typically also requires a comb adjustment.

Roger

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Those lines are only a guide-not an absolute. Try setting the impact 1/2 line below 0!!

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Under the "0" makes it shoot lower. My Krieghoff was shooting 90/10. One line under the "0" changed it to 70/30. I didn't have to touch the comb.
    Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k 80 wheel on adjustable rib