1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

old grand american medal

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mchale, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mchale

Mchale TS Member

i just recieved an old ribbon with a medal attached to it that says "Grand American Handicap, 1955". Does anyone know what this was from, was it a winning medal, entrant medal, or just what and does it have any value? Any help would be appreciated.

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

alf174:

I can hear it now since he was from KY and shot a 99 from the 19 yard line I guess it started a long time ago about the KY reputation to some.

Fog

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Don't get too excited about the grand medal. Everybody that attended the Grand American 30+ years ago and beyond use to get the medal and you would put your name in the brass box above the ribbon. Everybody new who you were then.

George

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have a purple one from the 1974 Grand American. It is a purple ribbon with a gold looking medallion attached to it with a small chain.

Mine, like all the others, was given to every registrant that year, the 75th Grand Tournament.

Whiz White

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

My first one was in 1941. It was a name tag with the medal hanging on a chain. I have it framed with the photo of us three old coots receiving our 55 year attendance patch in 1996. And that was that.

6. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

In the early 70's, the very pretty little Miss Vandalia had the job of typing your name on the little paper tag. That is something that I for one think should be brought back. John

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Mchale, a picture would be wonderful. Can't really tell what it is without one. Could be a trophy or could be just an attendance pin. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.