1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Cowboy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I was looking through the latest edition of "Aopa Pilot" and saw an article about a John Saubak, I was wondering if it's the same guy who posts here under "Old Cowboy"?

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Yes..that's him

Rick in Mt.

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Yup...that's me

John C. Saubak

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

John do you fly to shoots?? Interesting article.

Don

5. Illuminati

Illuminati TS Member

Great article,well done John!

Opera Non Verba

Al V

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Yes Don, if the shoot's 100 miles or more I fly......closer than 100 miles I normally just drive. 170's in the shop right now for annual inspection so I flew the ol' Taylorcraft over to the ATA shoot in Williston, ND this past weekend, should get the 170 back in time to fly out to Great Falls weekend after next.

Hey Al...."Opera Non Verba" to you too old friend! How are things in New York & I trust you're shooting well?

John C. Saubak

7. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

There was an old cowboy who was born and raised on a ranch. He went to school in the one room ranch school, worked on the ranch when he graduated from sixth grade, and never felt the need to go or do anything else. For his 65th birthday, the owner of the ranch decided to broaden his horizons by sending him to the big city, all expenses paid.
    The first day in the big city, the old cowboy decided to go have a drink in a fancy big city bar. He left the hotel and walked down the street to the first bar. When he entered, he thought "These big city folks sure look different from the folks back on the ranch, but it's just like at home, the women group together, and the men stay in their group."
    He was sitting at the bar having his drink when a young woman sat down beside him. He tipp ed his hat, said "Ma'am", and went back to his drink. She was intrigued by the old cowboy, and asked "Are you a real cowboy?" He said "Yes ma'am. I was born and raised on the ranch, went to the ranch school, and when I graduated grade 6, I went to work on the ranch. I never left the ranch until my boss sent me to the big city for my 65th birthday present. Can I ask about you? What are you?"
    The young woman replied "I am a lesbian."
    The old cowboy had never heard the word lesbian before, so he asked what a lesbian was.
    The young woman said " As a lesbian, I am only interested in women. I just love women. I think about women all the time, I want to take women to bed and make passionate love to them. I just can't see myself ever thinking that way about men, only women." Just then one of her friends greeted her and asked her to join a table full of women, so they said their goodbyes.
    The bartender came by to check on the old cowboys drink, and said "I heard you say you were a cowboy. Are you REALLY a cowboy?"
    The old cowboy gazed into his drink and replied "I thought I was my whole life, but I just now found out I'm a lesbian."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.